Diagnosis for Physical Therapy
Every day, millions of people live with pain in their backs. Whether it’s a result of aging and wear and tear or from an accident or injury, back pain can be unbearable when it strikes. However, if you look at the bright side of things, plenty of treatments are available to help relieve your discomfort. That’s where All Backs Physio comes in – we offer a range of treatments from physiotherapy and sports massages to physical therapy diagnosis, with a team of specialists to treat back pain and sports injuries! We are trained to read xrays and scans and can refer on for these if we feel it is appropriate. It is important not to have unnecessary x-rays and scans as they are intrusive and radioactive in nature so all care is taken before making this decision. In most cases our clinicians can diagnose conditions without these.
All Backs Physio: A Guide to Knee Pain
Most people will experience knee pain at some point in their lives. For some, it is a passing ache that goes away with time. For others, knee pain can be chronic and debilitating. No matter what type of knee pain you are experiencing, All Backs Physio can help.
Our team of physiotherapists are experts in treating all types of knee pain. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. We may use different techniques, including manual therapy, electrotherapy, exercise prescription, and education.
Types of Treatments for Back Pain
There are many different types of treatments for back pain, and the best course of treatment will depend on the cause and severity of your pain. Some common treatments include:
– Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to strengthen the muscles and ligaments supporting the spine, which can help to prevent or reduce back pain. Physical therapy may also include exercises and stretches to help improve flexibility and range of motion.
– Chiropractic care: involves adjusting the spine to correct alignment and relieve pressure on the nerves. Chiropractic care can help relieve back pain caused by muscle tension or spasms.
– Massage: Massage can help to relax tight muscles and relieve tension in the back. Massage may also help to increase blood flow and reduce inflammation.
– Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves placing needles at specific points on the body. Acupuncture is effective for relieving various types of pain, including back pain.
What Happens During a Treatment?
After you arrive at All Backs Physio, our friendly staff will greet you and ask you to complete some paperwork. Once that’s done, a physiotherapist will take you through a comprehensive assessment.
Your physiotherapy treatment may involve hands-on techniques, exercises, and education. We aim to help you reduce pain, improve your function, and prevent future injuries.
You can expect to feel better after just a few treatments, but the number of sessions you need will depend on the severity of your condition. We typically see patients 2-3 times per week for 4-6 weeks.
Common Back Pain Symptoms: Which One Are You Experiencing?
Several different symptoms can be associated with back pain, and it can be challenging to determine which one you are experiencing. However, some common symptoms are experienced by many people who suffer from back pain. These include:
– Pain that is worse when you move or when you sit for long periods
– Pain that radiates down your legs
– Sharp or shooting pain
– Dull, aching pain
– Pain that is accompanied by muscle spasms or cramping
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is essential to see a Physiotherapist or GP so they can diagnose the cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan.
Helpful Tips to Prevent or Relieve Pain
Here are some tips to prevent or relieve back pain. From simple stretching exercises to tips on choosing the right mattress, ergonomics at work desk, the All Backs Physio team is dedicated to helping you find relief from your back pain.
At All Backs Physio, we understand the frustration and pain that come with chronic back problems. We offer a wide range of services to help our patients find relief. From physiotherapy and manual therapy care to massage therapy and acupuncture, we have the tools and expertise to get you back on your feet.
If you are suffering from pain, don’t wait any longer to seek treatment. Contact All Backs Physio today to schedule an appointment.